Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Visiting Burroughs MS










For the last two days I have been able to work with the Teacher Librarian at John Burroughs Middle School. She invited me over to help with her Scholastic Book Fair that runs Monday 4/28- Friday 5/2. She scheduled classes in 15-20 minute interims. Closed for lunch periods; she allowed teachers to bring full classes of 35-40 students. I was fortunate to learn all the ins and outs of restocking and requesting additional materials from Scholastic. I helped students and parents find books and even bodyguarded the "trinket" section. The "trinket" section is filled with tons of School Supplies; yet they aren't the normal supplies because they are just so cute and the kids love to touch and pocket them. Working the cash register made me relive my Burger King employee days, only without the charbroiled scent. I am so thankful for the experience and really enjoyed my stay at Burroughs, the kids were so adorable and the staff was great! Thanks DJ for allowing me to post these pics!!!

No comments: